- Croydon is home to the famous Brit School for Performing Arts and Technology, the first of its kind in the country and sponsored by Sony Music, Virgin Group and Warner Music, among others.
- Croydon boasts a number of top independent schools including Whitgift and Trinity, both run by the Whitgift Foundation formed in 1596.
- Over 13,000 people study at Croydon College, including more than 1,000 degree students.
- The college is London’s largest provider of apprenticeships, is leading the development of a Retail Skills Academy and will be the first National Skills Academy Centre of Excellence for Health and Fitness.
- For every 100 children under the age of five, Croydon offers 20 nursery places and 11 childminders - more than any other south London borough.
- “Outstanding” OFSTED reports have been achieved by three secondary schools in Croydon (19% compared to a national average of 13%) and 14 primaries (17% compared to 9% nationally).
- Over 80% of young people in Croydon achieve at least five A*-C grade GCSEs, well above the national average.