Employment in Croydon
- At 7.9 million sq ft, Croydon metropolitan centre has the largest area of office floorspace in London outside the core of the West End, City and Canary Wharf.
- 81% of the working-age population is economically active, compared to the London average of 75.5%.
- 47.1% of the working population are employed in managerial, professional and associate professional occupations compared to the UK average of 42.9%.
- Top office rent is half the central London average, at £23 per sq ft.
- Planning consent has been given for 1.4m sq ft of new office space in the borough.